Giffnock South Parish Church

- The Good News from Giffnock South in Glasgow

A warm welcome awaits

inside Giffnock South Parish Church

We began as a congregation of the Church of Scotland in 1912 as a mission church under the sponsorship of Eastwood Parish Church meeting in the Maverton Hall in Fenwick Road starting off as part of Paisley Presbytery and becoming part of Glasgow Presbytery in 1929. Our current church had its foundation stone laid in 1927 to supplement and replace the hall church which was built on the Greenhill Avenue site in 1914.

In the period from 1919 to the present time we have been led and served by only five ministers : Rev. Albert MacCluggage, Rev. Ormrod Rodger, Rev. Wilfrid Towart and Rev. Edward V. Simpson and now by Rev Catherine Beattie.

Our regular Sunday Service is at 11.00am with a crèche and Sunday Schools at that time. During the summer months of July and August the morning service is at the earlier time of 10.30am. Communion is celebrated on the first Sundays of February and October and on the second Sunday in May.

Just Pray

Giffnock South Parish Church is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC007807.

Site designed and maintained by duncan_ireland@yahoo.co.uk