At Giffnock South we always have loads going on and try to ensure there's something for everyone!
Upcoming events are advertised here and on our Facebook page, please take a look and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Parish Walk - POSTPONED
Our (socially distanced) walk round the parish has been postponed. We will advertise the rescheduled date when it is available.
There will be 2 routes - the short route which will be a 2 mile round trip and the longer route which will be a 4 mile round trip. Both routes will pass through part of Rouken Glen. The purpose is to enjoy a walk whilst discovering some of the activities that go on in the community within the parish so we can pause and reflect on these and then support them in our prayers.
There will be directions which highlight community activities and although it is intended to be a relaxed walk everyone will be required to comply with current social distancing requirements at all times. Arrangements are as follows:
- Those wishing to walk the 4 mile route (1) to arrive outside the church between 2.00-2.15pm to pick up maps, directions and prayer points.
- Those wishing to walk the 2 mile walk (2) to arrive at the church between 2.15-2.30pm. to pick up maps etc
- When arriving and picking up maps etc and on the walk, everyone (not in the same household) must keep 2 metres apart.
- Folk may wish to walk in pairs but will not be allowed to walk in groups of more than 4 (and from no more than 2 different households).
- Unfortunately there will be no gathering together during or after the event, although folk may wish to stop off for refreshments in the park.
- In the event of heavy rain the walk will not take place and be re-arranged to another date.
Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 12.30pm is the next date for the church men's lunch and it's taking place at Loks in Newlands. (next to Morrisons Supermarket)
Please let Ronnie MacIntosh (639 6499) know if you wish to come along. All are welcome.
? is the next date for the Ladies Lunch and it's taking place at the Busby Hotel.
Please sign the sheet on the Notice Board or contact Wilma Park (230 5139 ) or Myra Rao (637 5353) if you wish to come along- all are most welcome .
The Tuesday Drop in Club
The Tuesday Drop in coffee service has continued throughout the summer and is much enjoyed by those who come. There's always room for more folk to drop in for a cuppa, tea or coffee- the chat is good, laughs aplenty, and the baking's not bad either!
Our next meeting is at ?
Please come along, all are welcome.
Join us one Wednesday a month for a good sing and a good chat. Tea , coffee and homebaking as well!
Our next meeting is ?.
Eastwood Care Home Service
The next service is on ?. Everyone is most welcome to join us.
Giffnock South MacMillan Coffee Morning
For more information contact:
Mobile: 07590 439808 / Email: